July 28, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
 
Reflection for the Day
We learn the value of meditation in The Program. As the beginning of the Eleventh Step suggests, we seek through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understand Him. One of the great values of meditation is that it clears the mind. And as the mind becomes clearer, it becomes more capable and willing to acknowledge the truth. Less pain is required to force honest recognition of defects and their results. The real needs of the whole person are revealed.

Are prayer and meditation a regular part of my daily living?

Today I Pray
May God's truths be revealed to me through meditation and these small prayers, through contact with my group which keeps me mindful of my need to clear my mind with daily meditation. For only an uncluttered mind can receive God; only a mind cleansed of self-interest can acknowledge the truth.

Today I Will Remember
Meditation is a mind-cleanser.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...