Oct. 27, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2015

Today, understand that recovery gives us the freedom not to live within the confines of alcoholism and, instead, offers the freedom to live in the boundless possibilities of sobriety. As a recovering alcoholic, I know - or at least, I better know - what I cannot do and, in trying to work toward or maintaining sobriety, I may be fighting what I cannot do. But in recovery, I am not confined by what I cannot do in alcoholism and any other "ism" and do not have to fight sobriety. As such, I need to understand the distinction between fighting not to drink and simply letting sobriety be. Today, I have the freedom to live not in the problem of fighting not to drink but living in the solution of simply not drinking; I choose to live in the solution, not in the problem. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Thursday, April 18, 2024 Today ,  recommit to the integrity of the  Program  and its members who confide their  Fourth Step  ...