March 12, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Saturday, March 12, 2016
 
AA Thought for the Day
The Prodigal Son "took his journey into a far country and wasted his substance with riotous living." That's what we alcoholics do. We waste our substance with riotous living. "When he came to himself, he said, 'I will arise and go to my father.'" That's what you do in AA. You come to yourself. Your alcoholic self is not your real self. Your sane, sober, respectable self is your real self. That's why we alcoholics are so happy in AA.

Have I come to myself?

Meditation for the Day
Simplicity is the keynote of a good life. Choose the simple things always. Life can become complicated if you let it be so. You can be swamped by difficulties if you let them take up too much of your time. Every difficulty can be either solved or ignored and something better substituted for it. Love the humble things of life. Reverence the simple things. Your standard must never be the world's standard of wealth and power.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may love the simple things of life. I pray that I may keep my life uncomplicated and free.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today ,  if some destructive emotion like self-pity or anger pops up and tells me I can’t do anything...