April 5, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 
Todaylive just for today. While I cannot and should not ignore my past, I don't live there anymore, nor can I bring into today yesterday's regrets and guilt that no longer serve any useful purpose. Nor can I look into tomorrow and anticipate or fret over its uncertainty and if it will bring something I may not want to deal with. To the extent that my past has any use today, it is to learn from its mistakes so they are not repeated. As for tomorrow, what I might anticipate may never come - and I will have wasted today dreading what isn't there. Bit if it comes, I will deal with it in its own time - tomorrow. Today requires my immediate attention. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 3, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, May 3, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Waiting Wait. If the time is not right, the way is not clear,...