May 26, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Thursday, May 26, 2016
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

My thoughts guide my day. Noticing how I awake can help me save the day.
 -- Kelley Vickstrom


We may envy friends who seem happy and peaceful. Why aren't they troubled as we so often are? The fact is, we can take actions to become more content too. One of the simplest is to ask our Higher Power for a positive attitude before we even throw back the bed covers.

Being in charge of what we dwell on is easier than we might imagine. We can practice the art of focusing our minds on the positive. Begin by stopping a thought, any thought, in mid-sentence. Focus on a blessing that is obvious today. Anytime an unhealthy thought surfaces, drop it, and replace it with a blessing. This can become a way of life if we make the choice.

We have felt enough pain and experienced enough harm. Today can be much better. And it will be if we carefully select our thoughts.

I am as happy as I truly want to be today. No one can steal peacefulness from me if that's what I really want.
You are reading from the book:
A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey. © 1994 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...