Nov. 16, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2016
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

We need four hugs a day for survival.
We need eight hugs a day for maintenance.
We need twelve hugs a day for growth.

 -- Virginia Satir


Virginia Satir was an internationally acclaimed therapist. She knew a lot about what people need to be healthy and happy and to live in good relationships with each other. She was very smart, and most of her advice was pretty simple.

Take hugs, for example. What could be more simple? One person reaching out to touch another person with safety and care. Very simple. But what do hugs give people? Comfort. Acceptance. The basics we all need no matter where we are at today.


Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, help me ask for the hugs I need and want today. Remind me today to offer hugs to the people around me. And help me feel the big hug You have for me too.

Today's Action
Today I will talk with my sponsor about this question: What is easier for me - to get a hug or to give a hug?
You are reading from the book:
God Grant Me. . . © 2005 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 20, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Saturday, April 20, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Avoiding self-pity Our troubled lives and mixed-up emoti...