Dec. 17, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016 
Today: A conscious decision not to say anything negative to or about anyone or any situation in my life. Instead, I will let only the positive in and, if I cannot find anything good to say or do, I will say or do nothing. Despite any problems in my life or their enormity, I have literally everything if I am sober, and I have a start if I haven't drunk in the last 24 Hours. And I still have hope if I am drinking but have been tossed the lifeline of AA. Without sobriety or even the hope for it, other problems in my life will worsen simply because I'm either too drunk to deal with them or I'm trying to avoid them. And as for those other problems in my life, instead of complaining, I will deal with them as best I can and know that I have given my best. I might also learn that the positive is a much more serene place than the negative. Today, I have no time or need for the negative. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...