Dec. 30, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Dec. 30, 2016

Reflection for the Day
My life before coming to The Program was not unlike the lives of so many of us who were cruelly buffeted and tormented by the power of our addictions. For years, I had been sick and tired. When I became sick and tired of being sick and tired, I finally surrendered and came to The Program. Now I realize that I had been helped all along by a Higher Power; it was He, indeed, who allowed me to live so that I could eventually find a new way of life.

Since my awakening, have I found a measure of serenity previously unknown in my life?

Today I Pray
May I realize that my Higher Power has not suddenly come into my life like a stranger opening a door when I knocked. The Power has been there all along, if I will just remember how many brushes with disaster I have survived by a fraction of time or distance. Now that I have come to know my Higher Power better, I realize that I must have been saved for something - for helping others like me.

Today I Will Remember
I am grateful to be alive and recovering.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Monday, March 18, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Compassion doesn’t mean taking care of people Feeling compassi...