Feb. 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
We learn in The Program that we cannot punish anyone without punishing ourselves. The release of my tensions, even justified, in a punishing way leaves behind the dregs of bitterness and pain. This was the monotonous story of my life before I came to The Program. So in my new life, I'd do well to consider the long-range benefits of simply owning my emotions, naming them and thus releasing them.

Does the voice of God have a chance to be heard over my reproachful shouting?

Today I Pray
May I avoid name-calling, ego-crushing exchanges. If I am angry, may I try to assign my anger to what someone did instead of what someone is. May I refrain from downgrading, lashing out at character flaws or mindless abuse. May I count on my Higher Power to show me the way.

Today I Will Remember
To deal with anger appropriately.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...