Feb. 4, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017 
Todaymotivated by Einstein's wisdom that individual happiness should be pinned on goals rather than a person or thing, I will build my sobriety and recovery to attain the goals of grace and redemption of the program. In doing so, I will not gamble by basing my recovery on what another person does or does not do or on a situation that may or may not play out the way I want or fear. I am playing with fire, not to mention using manipulation and abusing AA, if I decide I will not continue in recovery if the spouse who left me because of my drinking doesn't return, or if the employer who fired me because of my drinking doesn't rehire me, or if the judge hearing my DUI case doesn't dismiss charges because "I'm in recovery." In keeping my recovery goal-oriented, I am not only paying respect to the integrity of AA's steps and traditions, I am also reinforcing the truth that I and I alone am responsible for both my alcoholism and recovery. Neither is because I might have been dealt a bad hand in life. Today, I focus on the goal of sobriety instead of people or events to maintain my sobriety and recovery. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...