Feb. 5, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Sunday, Feb. 5, 2017
AA Thought for the Day
One thing we learn in AA is to take a long view of drinking instead of a short view. When we were drinking, we thought more about the pleasure or release that a drink would give us than we did about the consequences which would result from our taking that drink. Liquor looks good from the short view. When we look in a package store window, we see liquor dressed up in its best wrappings, with fancy labels and decorations. They look swell.
But have I learned that what's inside those beautiful bottles is just plain poison to me?
Meditation for the Day
I believe that life is a school in which I must learn spiritual things. I must trust in God and He will teach me. I must listen to God and He will speak through my mind. I must commune with Him in spite of all opposition and every obstacle. There will be days when I will hear no voice in my mind and when there will come no intimate heart-to-heart communion. But if I persist, and make a life habit of schooling myself in spiritual things, God will reveal Himself to me in many ways.
Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may regularly go to school in things of the spirit. I pray that I may grow spiritually by making a practice of these things.
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 18, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Friendship with oneself is all-important, because withou...