Feb. 7, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017
Today, be not too eager to "Let Go and Let God." In whatever needs to be handed over to my Higher Power, there may be something I must learn about myself before - and if - I let it go. If something I think is bad and is causing me feelings I don't want to feel, I may need another Fourth or at least a 10th step to ask if the problem is ME, not the situation or another person. And if the problem is me, I need to determine why. If the issue is someone or something else, I must ask God for His will and if the matter is something that I should and must confront instead of taking the "easy out" of letting it go. Today, I ask God for the wisdom to know the difference between dealing with something painful but which might give me growth - and expecting Him to do what He wants ME to handle. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...