May 15, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, May 15, 2017

Today, no immersing myself so deeply into service or 12th-Step work that I neglect my own basic needs. To put into anything the passion I spent on drinking, I will predictably suffer the same outcome of physical, emotional and spiritual bankruptcy - and resentment. While we are called by the 12th Step to commit ourselves to service, the quality of that service will be negligible if I have not reserved enough of myself to offer something worth giving. Today, I will guard against becoming too hungry, angry, lonely and tired - HALT - to assure that I can be the best of what the 12th Step asks of us - an effective carrier of the message. Today, I will listen to the message again. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: With each sunrise, we start anew. —  Anonymous Like a tree, o...