May 19, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, May 19, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
Fellowship is a big part of staying sober. The doctors call it group therapy. We never go to an AA meeting without taking something out of it. Sometimes we don't feel like going to a meeting and we think of excuses for not going. But we usually end up by going anyway. And we always get some lift out of every meeting. Meetings are part of keeping sober. And we get more out of a meeting if we try to contribute something to it.

Am I contributing my share at meetings?

Meditation for the Day
"He brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings." The first part, "He brought me up out of a horrible pit," means that by turning to God and putting my problems in His hands, I am able to overcome my sins and temptations. "He set my feet upon a rock" means that when I trust God in all things, I have true security. "He established my goings" means that if I honestly try to live the way God wants me to live, I will have God's guidance in my daily living.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that my feet may be set upon a rock. I pray that I may rely on God to guide my comings and goings.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: With each sunrise, we start anew. —  Anonymous Like a tree, o...