May 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, May 22, 2017

Today, reach into my past to measure the enormity of my present and try to grasp the scope of the life that sobriety has given me. Whereas I once was helpless, hopeless, weak, apathetic, pathetic, selfish and destructive, today I have hope, strength, selflessness, compassion, passion and the courage born of humility to treat sobriety with awe and respect. While I cannot and do not want to live in or return to yesterday, I also do not want to forget it; its lessons can steer me from the same mistakes today. And all I have left behind and gained what I have now is through sobriety and, therefore, my sobriety is my No. 1 priority for. Without it, I have nothing except for all I pray I left behind. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: With each sunrise, we start anew. —  Anonymous Like a tree, o...