June 7, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Reflection for the Day
Few of us are entirely free from a sense of guilt. We may feel guilty because of our words or actions, or for things left undone. We may even feel guilty because of irrational or false accusations by others. When I'm troubled by a gnawing feeling of guilt, obviously I can't put into my day all I'm capable of. So I must rid myself of guilt - not by pushing it aside or ignoring it, but by identifying it and correcting the cause.

Have I finally begun to learn to "keep it simple?"

Today I Pray
May I learn not to let myself be "guilted," made to feel guilty when I don't consider that I am. Since I doubtless have the dregs of guilt left over from my addictive behavior, I do not need the extra burden of unreasonable blame laid on me. I count on God to help me sort out and get rid of these twinges and pangs of guilt, which whether justified or not, need to be recognized and unloaded.

Today I Will Remember
The verdict of guilty is not for life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...