July 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, July 22, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
The Program has taught me that the essence of all growth for me is a willingness to change for the better. Following that, I must have further willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails, and to courageously take every action that is required.

"I am and know and will;
I am knowing and willing;
I know myself to be and to will;
I will to be and to know." - St. Augustine

Is willingness a key ingredient of my life and the way I work The Program?

Today I Pray
I pray for willingness to do what I can, willingness to be what I can be - and what is sometimes hardest - willingness to be what I am. I pray, too, for energies to carry out my willingness in all that I do, so that I may grow in the ways of God and practice the principles of The Program in all my affairs.

Today I Will Remember
"I am and know and will."

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today ,  if some destructive emotion like self-pity or anger pops up and tells me I can’t do anything...