July 6, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, July 6, 2017

Reflection for the Day
Some people in The Program don't feel that they can do the things they want to do. They doubt their own ability. But actually, every person has untapped ability. We're children of God, which should give us a strong clue as to the infinite nature of our ability. As spiritual beings, we're unlimited. True, we may find it easier to accept this as true of some person who shines in a particular field. We may compare our own accomplishments with another's and feel discouraged. But the only comparison we need make or should make is with ourself.
Am I a better, more productive person today?

Today I Pray
May I realize that I am a child of God. And His loving-parent promise to give me what I need, not what I might want, is His way of teaching me to be what I am, not what I dreamed I should be. As a spiritual being, I can truly become a productive person - perhaps even do some of the things I once felt unable to do without the aid of props - drinks, pills, excesses of food which lulled me into false confidence.

Today I Will Remember
To compare me with the old me.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today ,  if some destructive emotion like self-pity or anger pops up and tells me I can’t do anything...