July 9, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, July 9, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
When we make only superficial changes in ourselves and give only lip service to The Program, our progress is slow and the likelihood of relapse great. Our regeneration must take the form of a true spiritual rebirth. It must go very deep, with each character flaw replaced by a new and positive quality.

Am I being completely honest with myself in uncovering the faults which hamper my spiritual growth? Am I beginning to replace them with positive qualities?

Today I Pray
May God's protective hand lead me out of the darkness of my deepest fear - that I could return to being what I do not want to be. Please, God, give me courage to make an honest appraisal of myself. Please help me cultivate my positive qualities and begin to be free of my fears.

Today I Will Remember
I must be reborn in the Spirit.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: With each sunrise, we start anew. —  Anonymous Like a tree, o...