Aug. 23, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017

Reflection for the Day
I heard someone in The Program once read, "Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well, regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." That is what Step Seven means to me - that I'm going to clean house and will have all the help I need.

Do I realize, by taking the Seventh Step, that I'm not really giving up a thing but, instead, getting rid of whatever might lead me back to my addiction and away from peace of mind?

Today I Pray
May I know that if I should give up that key word "humbly," which combines all in one - my humility, my awe, my faith - I would once again be taking too much on my shoulders and assuming that the Power is my own. May God in His wisdom make His will mine, His strength mine, His goodness mine. As He fills me with these Divine gifts, there can be little space left in me for looming defects.

Today I Will Remember
Trust in God and clean house.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...