Sept. 5, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017 
"Each group has but one primary purpose - to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers." - The Fifth Tradition
Today, as a humble member of one of thousands of AA groups, I look to the this tradition to determine if my contribution to my group is sufficient or if I can find more that I can and should do. And what I do must be within the command of the Fifth Tradition - to reach out to the alcoholic who still suffers. This tradition does not limit itself to the drinking alcoholic, however, and includes those who still struggle in recovery. As part of my group, let me remember that not only is my group there for me, but I am there for the group, and my example to those who continue to hurt must be a reflection of the program itself. Today, I try to understand that my sobriety comes with the responsibility to represent the program that led me to sobriety. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...