Oct. 13, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Oct. 13, 2017

Reflection for the Day
My progress in recovery depends in large measure on my attitude, and my attitude is up to me. It's the way I decide to look at things. Nobody can force an attitude on me. For me, a good attitude is a point of view unclouded by self-pity and resentments. There will be stumbling blocks in my path, without a doubt. But The Program has taught me that stumbling blocks can be turned into stepping stones for growth.

Do I believe, as Tennyson put it, "that men may rise on stepping stones of their dead selves to higher things ...?"

Today I Pray
May God help me cultivate a healthy attitude toward myself, The Program and other people. God, keep me from losing my spiritual stabilizers, which keep me level in purpose and outlook. Let me ignore self-pity, discouragement and my tendency to over-dramatize. Let no dead-weight burden throw me out of balance.

Today I Will Remember
I can't be discouraged with God on my side.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...