Oct. 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017

Today, no waste of valuable time that should be spent on progressing in sobriety to fight an urge for "just one" drink. I already know the deception of "just one." AA has armed us with the steps to dodge the bullet of temptation, and personal experience shows time and again the consequences if I give in. In the end, the temptation to drink "just one" is a simple choice, and that choice like any other has consequences - and I alone will be responsible to those consequences. They have taken too much from me already. Thus, the choice is simple: DON'T DRINK. Today, I don't have time to deal with temptation or wondering if I can get away with "just one." I can't. More significantly, I don't want to drink. Case closed. Today, I'll focus my emotional energy on something more productive, like sobriety. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...