Oct. 6, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Friday, Oct. 6, 2017
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: 

The Four "A's"

Dear God, I have learned to live within my limitations and to live up to my capacities as I grow in recovery. As I try to practice the principles of our Program, I will accept the truth that I seek progress and not spiritual perfection. I pray to admit my limitations and remind myself I am only human. I have quit trying to play God.
When I take my inventory and remember the Four "A's" - Acceptance, Awareness, Action, and Attitude – I continue learning to live within my limitations and to live up to my capabilities.
You are reading from the book:
The 12 Step Prayer Book Volume 2 by Bill P. and Lisa D. © 2007 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 25, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Thursday, April 25, 2024 Today ,  understand we cannot claim credit if someone we sponsor or to whom we have carried the mess...