Nov. 3, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, Nov. 3, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
I have charity, another word for love. That right kind of love which is not selfish passion but an unselfish, out-going desire to help other people. To do what is best for the other person, to put what is best for him or her above my own desires. To put God first, the other person second and myself last. Charity is gentle, kind, understanding, long-suffering and full of desire to serve. AA has given me this. What I do for myself is lost; what I do for others may be written somewhere in eternity.

Have I charity?

Meditation for the Day
"Ask what you will and it shall be done unto you." God has unlimited power. There is no limit to what His power can do in human hearts. But we must will to have God's power and we must ask God for it. God's power is blocked off from us by our indifference to it. We can go along our own selfish way without calling on God's help and we get no power. But when we trust in God, we can will to have the power we need. When we sincerely ask God for it, we get it abundantly.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may will to have God's power. I pray that I may keep praying for the strength I need.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...