Jan. 12, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Jan. 12, 2018

Today, in the throes of all the demands at work and in my personal life, I strengthen my resolve to my recovery by remembering how I got here - and why. I must ask myself honestly if I have experienced the fundamental change in emotion and psyche that is required in recovery. I must not permit any of those destructive influences of my yesterdays to sabotage today and, hopefully, tomorrow. I must acknowledge any subconscious seed that might be planting a slip or relapse. And if that seed exists, I know I'm in trouble with the first three step. Those steps - of total admission, surrender and submission of all I cannot control - are the building blocks of my recovery. I must be on guard if I feel a crack in any of them. Today, I am an alcoholic, and I cannot drink - nor do I want to. Sweet and simple. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Friday, April 19, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Making Room for What Matters I don't know about you, b...