Jan. 5, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, Jan. 5, 2018

AA Thought for the Day
Have I turned to a Higher Power for help? Do I believe that each man or woman I see in AA is a demonstration of the power of God to change a human being from a drunkard into a sober, useful citizen? Do I believe that this Higher Power can keep me from drinking? Am I living one day at a time? Do I ask God to give me the power to stay sober for each twenty-four hours?

Do I attend AA meetings regularly?

Meditation for the Day
I believe that God's presence brings peace and that peace, like a quiet-flowing river, will cleanse all irritants away. In these quiet times, God will teach me how to rest my nerves. I will not be afraid. I will learn how to relax. When I am relaxed, God's strength will flow into me. I will be at peace.

Prayer for the Day
I pray for that peace which passes all understanding. I pray for that peace which the world can neither give nor take away.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 18, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Friendship with oneself is all-important, because withou...