Jan. 9, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018

Reflection for the Day
In the past, and sometimes even now, I automatically have thoughts, "Why me?," when I'm trying to learn that my first problem is to accept my present circumstances as they are, myself as I am and the people around me as they are. Just as I finally accepted my powerlessness over my addiction, so must I accept my powerlessness over people, places and things.

Am I learning to accept life on life's terms?

Today I Pray
May I learn to control my urge to control, my compulsion to manage, neaten, organize and label the lives of others. May I learn to accept situations and people as they are instead of as I would like them to be. Thus, may I do away with the ongoing frustrations that a controlling person, by nature, faces continually. May I be entirely ready to have God remove this defect of character.

Today I Will Remember
Control for the controller (me).

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today ,  I will not romanticize my drinking days as  “fun”  or good if a newcomer to the  Program  o...