Feb. 12, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Feb. 12, 2018

Reflection for the Day
I am grateful for my friends in The Program. Right now I am aware of the blessings of friendship - the blessings of meeting, of sharing, of smiling, of listening, and of being available when needed. Right now I know that if I want a friend, I must be a friend.

Will I vow, this day, to be a better friend to more people? Will I strive, this day - in my thoughts, words and actions - to disclose the kind of friend I am?

Today I Pray
May I restore in kind to the fellowship of The Program the friendship I have so hungrily taken from it. After years of glossing my lonely existence with superficial acquaintanceships, may I learn again the reciprocal joys of caring and sharing.

Today I Will Remember
Be a friend.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...