Feb. 5, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Feb. 5, 2018

Reflection for the Day
If I am troubled, worried, exasperated or frustrated, do I tend to rationalize the situation and lay the blame on someone else? When I am in such a state, is my conversation, "He did ...," "She said ...," "They did ...?" Or can I honestly admit that perhaps I'm at fault? My peace of mind depends on overcoming my negative attitudes and tendency toward rationalization.

Will I try, day by day, to be rigorously honest with myself?

Today I Pray
May I catch myself as I talk in the third person, "He did ..." or "They promised ..." or "She said she would ..." and listen for the blaming that has become such a pattern for me and preserves delusion. May I do a turnabout and face myself instead.

Today I Will Remember
Honesty is the only policy.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, March 29, 2024 Today ,  if I start any day with dread, I probably need to do a  10th Step  or re-do my  Fourth.  Clea...