April 10, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Today, faith that my Higher Power will open one door if another is shut, be it the door to that job I hoped for but didn't get, to a reconciliation of a relationship that cannot be mended despite my sincerest efforts, or to anything that I thought I needed and wanted but didn't get. The Higher Power replaces what He takes with something else, maybe not what we think we want or need, to be treated grudgingly as a "consolation prize." I must hold onto the reality that my Higher Power will provide me with what I need, not necessarily what I want - and I must have faith that He knows better than I that I may not necessarily need what I want. Today, if a door shuts on me, I will not feel trapped or hopeless and instead will seek the door that my Higher Power is opening. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 18, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Friendship with oneself is all-important, because withou...