April 11, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Reflection for the Day
I came; I came to; I came to believe. The Program has enabled me to learn that deep down in every man, woman and child is the fundamental idea of a God. It may be obscured by pomp, by calamity, by worship or other things, but in some form or other it is there. For faith in a Power greater than ourselves and miraculous demonstrations of the Power in human lives are facts as old as man himself.

How well do I share my free gifts?

Today I Pray
I pray that I may continue to look for - and find - the Godliness that is in me and in every other person, no matter how it is obscured. May I be aware that the consciousness of a Higher Power has been present in man since he was first given the power to reason, no matter what name he gave to it or how he sought to reach it. May my own faith in a Higher Power be reinforced by the experience of all mankind - and by the working of His gracious miracles in my own life.

Today I Will Remember
God is in us all.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...