April 8, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, April 8, 2018

Todayabsolute and unquestionable faith in a Higher Power that He will give me what I need when He, not I, decides when I should receive. I can reach into my yesterdays to cement my faith that, in my darkest days, I saw no hope but was delivered from active alcoholism and the damage to others. But it was only when I "admitted (I am) powerless" and "came to believe" that I began to emerge from the alcoholic fog and only when I reached the point when I was able to begin to live as an alcoholic in recovery. Today, sober, if I am anxious, angry, frustrated or resentful that I do not have what I think I want or need, let me be reminded that it was only when I was taken to the point of hopelessness that my Higher Power delivered me. And in recovery I've learned to be careful what I wish for: I might get it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...