May 12, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, May 12, 2018

Today, impatience and spontaneous anger will not command what I say because my words may require another amend to someone. Unlike physical injuries, emotional hurt from an unkind word spoken in recklessness or anger may not be as easily reconciled. If today I explode in frustration, God grant me the wisdom to respond first with the discipline and tolerance that are contained within the 12 Steps. More than eating tomorrow the reckless words I speak today, no words can be taken back - and some can cause hurt for which an apology cannot un-hurt. Today, discipline and patience with tolerance and wisdom to guide my words. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...