June 6, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Reflection for the Day
Adjusting myself to things as they are and being able to love without trying to interfere with or control anyone else, however close to me - that's one of the important things I search for and can find in The Program. The learning is sometimes painful; however, the reward is life itself - full and serene.

Is The Program helping restore me to a sane and reasonable way of thinking, so I can handle my interpersonal relationships with love and understanding?

Today I Pray
May I respect those that I love enough to set them free - to stop controlling, manipulating, scheming, bailing them out of trouble. May I love them enough to let them make their own mistakes and take responsibility for them. May I learn to let go.

Today I Will Remember
Loving is letting go.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...