June 8, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, June 8, 2018

Todayhumility to extend compassion, understanding and empathy to the alcoholic whose current circumstances might once have been mine. If someone confides that he is faced with something that has him in a place of uncertainty, fear, helplessness, hopelessness and desperation, I will remember that I, too, was once in the same dark place and needed more than well-intended but superficial assurances. Instead, I will remember that I entrusted all with unconditional faith to my Higher Power and, while clinging onto sobriety even an hour at a time, He saw me through. Today, I will not minimize the fears and uncertainties of another person who might be venturing into unknown waters and, instead, will respect them with unconditional love and support. He may be my most important 12th Step. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Friday, March 29, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: AA Thought for the Day In  AA  we forget about the future. We ...