July 7, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Saturday, July 7, 2018
Today’s thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

AA Thought for the Day
How big a part of our lives is AA? Is it just one of our activities and a small one at that? Do we only go to AA meetings now and then and sometimes never go at all? Do we think of AA only occasionally? Are we reticent about mentioning the subject of AA to people who might need help? Or does AA fill a large part of our lives?

Is AA the foundation on which I build my life?

Meditation for the Day
I lay upon God my failures and mistakes and shortcomings. I do not dwell upon my failures, upon the fact that in the past I have been nearer a beast than an angel. I have a mediator between me and God — my growing faith.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may not let the beast in me hold me back from my spiritual destiny.

You are reading from the book:

Twenty-Four Hours a Day for Teens © 2004 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 25, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 25, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Letting Go of Anger In recovery, we often discuss anger ...