June 29, 2021 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Handling stress

Sometimes we feel stress—anxious, irritable, achy. We can’t think straight. We worry and wonder what’s wrong. Think of the earth’s geology: before the mountains arose, there was stress in the earth, internal pressure; something had to change.

So, too, with us. Before change happens in us, we feel stress. But if we continue to work the Steps, work with others, and attend meetings, one day we will find that we have changed for the better.

Am I learning to handle stress?

Higher Power, help me keep in mind what I want to become; help me stay faithful during times of stress.

I will change the way I handle stress today by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 9, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, May 6, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: It is important that we plan for the future, imperative tha...