Oct. 30, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Monday, Oct. 30, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

There Is More

My recovery was not a linear journey. I was first introduced to recovery in the late nineties, when I was active duty in the military. Almost two years ago, just before the pandemic, I got sick of waking up and not feeling happy. All I could think was, There has to be more to life than this. And drinking just wasn’t it. It wasn’t fun anymore.

To paraphrase a term I’ve heard in the rooms of AA, I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. There was an overwhelming feeling. There has to be more to life than this.

In time, I took the leap. I became willing to seek recovery for myself. Thankfully, this time around, I stuck with it.

There is more to life when we choose recovery.

— Jen O., U.S. Army, 1995–2019

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 8, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Wednesday, May 8, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: The luxury of doing good surpasses every other personal en...