Nov. 12, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, Nov. 12, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Praying by acting

There is more to prayer than just kneeling at night and folding our hands. Thoughts of love can be prayers. Feelings of gratitude can be prayers. Prayers can be seen in a smile, a gesture, and even an action not done.

Joy surging through our bodies is a prayer. Caring for a child is a form of prayer. Many times, no matter what the position of our bodies, our soul is on its knees.

Do I express prayer in all that I do?

Higher Power, help me pray throughout the day, knowing that your goodness abounds in me.

Today I will make prayers of my actions by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sept. 20, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Friday, Sept. 20, 2024 “To most of us, making amends will take the rest of our lives, but we can start immediately. Just bein...