April 19, 2024 - Reading sin Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Friday, April 19, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Making Room
for What Matters

I don't know about you, but my days usually fill up very easily without any effort at all on my part. The hours between waking and sleeping fly by. For years, I just went with the flow, let the days take me where they needed to, let the days roll into nights with me exhausted and feeling a little bit deprived, not having spent time doing the things that I really loved to do. Now, I try to be more intentional with my days.

These days, I try hard to make room for what really matters. I'll be honest: I do not always succeed. I'm a recovering workaholic, which means I have to try a lot harder than your average person not to work. But at least once, maybe twice a day, and sometimes even three, I do seriously attempt to make room for what matters. The things that matter to me change, and regardless of what those things are, making room for them may never come naturally. But I sure do feel better when I make it happen.

Try to make room for what matters to you today. Always remember: you matter to you.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 1, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Fundation

  Wednesday, May 1, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: A slogan that can help us is "Keep an open mind."...