June 26, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

I am grateful for this minute.

My eternity may be in it.

-- AA Grapevine, March 1947

The present moment is our link to the divine. How we conduct ourselves in the present moment is how we come to know what we believe in. We must never forget that moments are tied together, one moment leading into the next. Thus, by acting from our values in this moment, we increase our chances of acting from our values in the next moment. If we stay tied to the divine in this moment, we increase our chances of being tied to the divine in the next moment.

Recovery allows us to choose what we do with our moments and what we choose to be tied to. Dependence, on the other hand, is the loss of choice.

Are we grateful for having choices again? Are we grateful to be able to connect with the divine this very moment?

Prayer for the Day

I am grateful to have this moment. Higher Power, help me to use it to help others and to do what you want me to do. In reality, it is your moment. Thank you.

Today's Action

I will work to live today in the moment. I will work to see and find my Higher Power in the moment. If I can do this, I will stay connected to eternity.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 29, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Saturday, June 29, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Solitude is not something you must hope for in the future...