Sept. 12, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Thursday, Sept. 12, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Holding on and letting go

We had a great deal of tenacity, except that we were holding on to destructive behaviors and attitudes: resentments and self-pity, drugs and other bad habits.

We must reassign this tenacity to what is realistic and what sustains us in life, then hold on carefully (like holding a newborn kitten).

Am I holding on to more of the good things?

Higher Power, help me let go of the fear that keeps me from letting go of my defects.

The good things I will hold on to today are...

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sept. 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundaiton

  Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: God offers to every mind its choice between truth and r...