Feb. 1, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017 
Reflection for the Day
The longer I'm in The Program, the more clearly I see why it's important for me to understand why I do what I do and say what I say. In the process, I'm coming to realize what kind of person I really am. I see now, for example, that it's far easier to be honest with other people than with myself. I'm learning, also, that we're all hampered by our need to justify our actions and words.
Have I taken an inventory of myself as suggested in the Twelve Steps? Have I admitted my faults to myself, to God and to another human being?
Today I Pray
May I not be stalled in my recovery process by the enormity of The Program's Fourth Step, taking a moral inventory of myself or by admitting these shortcomings to myself, to God and to another human being. May I know that honesty to myself about myself is all-important.
Today I Will Remember
I cannot mend if I bend the truth. 
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 25, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, April 25, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Letting Go of Anger In recovery, we often discuss anger ...