Feb. 1, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017 
AA Thought for the Day
When we think about having a drink, we're thinking of the kick we get out of drinking, the pleasure, the escape from boredom, the feeling of self-importance and the companionship of other drinkers. What we don't think of is the letdown, the hangover, the remorse, the waste of money and the facing of another day. In other words, when we think about that first drink, we're thinking of all the assets of drinking and none of the liabilities.
What has drinking really got that we haven't got in AA? Do I believe that the liabilities of drinking outweigh the assets?
Meditation for the Day
I will start a new life each day. I will put the old mistakes away and start anew each day. God always offers me a fresh start. I will not be burdened or anxious. If God's forgiveness were only for the righteous and those who had not sinned, where would be its need? I believe that God forgives us all of our sins, if we are honestly trying to live today the way He wants us to live. God forgives us much and we should be very grateful.
Prayer for the Day
I pray that my life may not be spoiled by worry and fear and selfishness. I pray that I may have a glad, thankful and humble heart.
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 24, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Wednesday, April 24, 2024 Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Religion and art spring from the same root and are clos...