Feb. 2, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, Feb. 2, 2017
AA Thought for the Day
We got a kick out of the first few drinks, before we got stupefied by alcohol. For a while, the world seemed to look brighter. But how about the letdown, the terrible depression that comes the morning after? In AA, we get a real kick: not a false feeling of exhilaration, but a real feeling of satisfaction with ourselves, self-respect, and a feeling of friendliness toward the world. We got a sort of pleasure from drinking. For a while, we thought we were happy. But it's only an illusion. The hangover the next day is the opposite of pleasure.
In AA, am I getting real pleasure and serenity and peace?
Meditation for the Day
I will practice love, because lack of love will block the way. I will try to see good in all people, those I like and also those who fret me and go against the grain. They are all children of God. I will try to give love; otherwise, how can I dwell in God's spirit whence nothing unloving can come? I will try to get along with all people, because the more love I give away, the more I will have.
Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may do all I can to love others, in spite of their many faults. I pray that as I love, so will I be loved.
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 20, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Saturday, April 20, 2024 Today ,  small  steps  instead of an  “easier, softer way.”  Alcoholism and its physical, emotional ...