April 16, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, April 16, 2017 
 
Today, start to forgive myself and let go of any guilt I harbor for failing or not getting the chance to make amends to someone who is no longer able to hear them. If someone I injured is not able to receive my amends, may God grant me the comfort in remembering the good I hopefully showed that person before active alcoholism inflicted its damage. And if I can no longer go to that person although I wish I could, let my amend be progress in recovery and not imposing injury or hurt on anyone else. Forgiving has to begin at home, and without forgiving myself, I probably cannot "allow" anyone else to forgive me. Today, I take responsibility for harm I did the person to whom I can no longer make amends, and my sincerest apology may be progress in recovery. There will be no amends if I let my guilt take up the bottle again. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...