April 16, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Sunday, April 16, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
In AA, we have insurance. Our faith in God is a kind of insurance against the terrible things that might happen to us if we ever drink again. By putting our drink problem in the hands of God, we've taken out a sort of insurance policy which insures us against the ravages of drink, as our homes are insured against destruction by fire. 

Am I paying my AA insurance premiums regularly? 

Meditation for the Day
I must try to love all humanity. Love comes from thinking of every man or woman as your brother or sister because they are children of God. This way of thinking makes me care enough about them to really want to help them. I must put this kind of love into action by serving others. Love means no severe judging, no resentments, no malicious gossip and no destructive criticism. It means patience, understanding, compassion and helpfulness. 

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may realize that God loves me since He is the Father of us all. I pray that I in turn may have love for all of His children. 

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 28, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Thursday, March 28, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Anger is a great energizer if you don’t get stuck in it. —  ...