July 21, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, July 21, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
When we're faced with some condition or situation not to our liking, how can we have faith that all things are working together for good? Perhaps we have to ask ourselves just what is faith. Faith has its foundation in truth and love. We can have faith, if we so choose, no matter what the situation. And, if we so choose, we can expect ultimate good to come forth.

Have I made my choice?

Today I Pray
May I be grateful for my God-given ability to make a choice. Out of this gratitude and my sense of the nearness of God, I have chosen faith. May the faith, as my chosen way, become strong enough to move mountains, strong enough to keep me free of my compulsion, mighty enough to hold back the tide of temptations which threaten me, optimistic enough to look past my present pain to ultimate good.

Today I Will Remember
With faith, nothing is impossible.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 18, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

  Monday, March 18, 2024 Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is: Compassion doesn’t mean taking care of people Feeling compassi...