July 21, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Friday, July 21, 2017
 
AA Thought for the Day
If we feel the need of saying something to put another member on the right track, we should try to say it with understanding and sympathy, not with a critical attitude. We should keep everything out in the open and above-board. The AA program is wonderful, but we must really follow it. We must all pull together or we'll all be sunk. We enjoy the privilege of being associated with AA and we are entitled to all its benefits. But gossip and criticism are not tolerance, and tolerance is an AA principle that is absolutely necessary to group unity.

Am I truly tolerant of all my group's members?

Meditation for the Day
"Faith can move mountains." That expression means that faith can change any situation in the field of personal relationships. If you trust Him, God shows you the way to "move mountains." If you are humble enough to know that you can do little by yourself to change a situation, if you have enough faith to ask God to give you the power you need, and if you are grateful enough for the grace He gives you, you can "move mountains." Situations will be changed for the better by your presence.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may have enough faith to make me really effective. I pray that I may learn to depend less on myself and more on God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Tuesday, March 19, 2024 Today ,  if some destructive emotion like self-pity or anger pops up and tells me I can’t do anything...